- Seek and use commercial credit information about me/us to assess an application for consumer credit or commercial credit
- Seek and use consumer credit information about me/us to assess an application for commercial credit or consumer credit
- Seek, collect and use “credit reports” provided by credit-reporting agencies about you to collect overdue payments from you and; or to provide your personal information to an external agency for the purposes of collecting late payments from you
- Seek from and use or give to another credit provider (including without limitation any other credit provider who has lent money on the same security) any information about my/our credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity. In particular, JD Financials may provide an opinion on you
- Seek from or give to any advisor acting in connection with any financing provided or proposed to be provided to you, any personal information, consumer credit or commercial credit information
- Provide to a credit reporting agency personal or commercial information about you. The information may include your identity particulars; information that credit has been applied for by you and the amount; the fact that we are a current credit provider to you; information that payments have become overdue for more than 60 days, the fact that action is commenced; advice that payments are no longer overdue; advice that cheques drawn by you in excess of $100 have dishonoured more than once; in specified circumstances that in our opinion you have committed a serious credit infringement or; the credit provided to you by JD Financials has been paid or otherwise discharged.
- Provide information to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guaranteed repayment of any credit provided to JD Financials
- Disclose personal information about you as required by law
Credit reporting bodies and your personal informationCredit reporting bodies are allowed under the Privacy Act and the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code (known as 'CR Code') to handle personal information relating to credit. If you apply for any kind of credit or offer to act as guarantor, we may disclose your personal information to, or collect personal information about you from, a credit reporting body. This information is used for the purpose of determining your eligibility for credit, and we may process the information to create an unsuitability assessment or other ratings of your suitability for credit.
Credit reporting bodies may include your personal information in reports that they provide to credit providers to assist those providers in assessing your credit worthiness (such as when you have applied for a loan from the provider).
The credit reporting bodies we deal with are: Equifax (formerly known as Veda Advantage) https://www.equifax.com.au/privacy
For contact details and information on how credit reporting bodies manage credit related personal information, please see their privacy policies available at the links above.
Credit reporting bodies offer a service to credit providers wishing to send direct marketing material about credit services to individuals. This is called "credit pre-screening". You have the right to request that the credit reporting bodies do not use your information for this purpose. To opt out of credit pre-screening, contact the credit reporting body, using the contact details on their websites noted above.
You can also ask a credit reporting body not to use or disclose your personal information for a period if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud. The Privacy Act and the CR Code limit what we can do with the information we obtain from a credit reporting body. Generally, it can only be used in relation to the consumer credit products you hold through us. For example, if you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to consumer credit, or commit a serious credit infringement, we may be entitled to disclose this to a credit reporting body.”
Promotional MaterialProviding the best service we can is essential to our business. As part of this service we may use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may be of interest & benefit to you. If you do not wish to receive promotional material from JD Financials, please notify us. By consenting to our marketing material, you allow JD Financials to send out promotional emails and SMS from time to time about our products and services.